Thursday, March 17, 2016

Why Do People Procrastinate?


I wrote my first book in 1999, and it took almost 20 years before I took it the next step and prepared it to be put on the market for sale.  The question is WHY?  Is it a fear of rejection?  No one wants to hear negative feedback about a work they’ve created, I know I don’t.  Is it a fear of success?  Now, that’s just arrogant!  So why procrastinate?  For me I think it’s a little of both, fear or failure and success.  Being a creature of habit, if I’m successful then I may have to make some adjustments in my day to day living or activities.  If I fail, than I may get on my pity party and woo is me, feeling sorry for myself!  Dumb huh?  Not really, there are a lot of people suffering from one or the other, or both.  I wrote my second book in 2004, case in point!  I started the third one a few years later.  Started, not completed, it’s still undone.  To make matters worse, I started a four one a few months ago and have the idea for several others on the backburner.  I can procrastinate no longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment